The name of the Foundation is Abdul Halim Khan Foundation.
Area of Operation:
The area of operation of the Foundation shall be throughout Bangladesh and in other developing countries.
Aims, Objectives and Nature:
It is a non-profitable, non-political, non-government, voluntary and charitable organization.
- To provide logistic and corporate, secretarial, managerial and administrative service to Abdul Hamid Medical College and Hospital Ltd.
- To organize any helpful functions related to public on volunteer activities in the poor people and provide free treatment or free health care services to the poor patient of Abdul Hamid Medical College & Hospital Ltd.
- To provide employees accommodation, employees transport facility, employee’s baby care center, school, college, university, medical college, orphanage, old home, community care, hospital and any other charitable works for the member company’s employees.
- To adopt Literacy activity, Arts and Science curriculum by establishing School, College, University and arrange the program to educate the illiterate or half literate people for their development by increasing their capacity.
- To create awareness among the public/Poor people (Literate or Illiterate) by establishing library or reading room to increase reading habits and to collect and publish the missing rare/old manuscripts including Folk, Puthee in the Country.
- To adopt research work and its circulation on Archeological and Historical activities and also organize and circulate by collecting mechanical and scientific drawings and preservation.
- To provide financial aid to the poor scholars for getting higher education.
- To supply books free of cost among the poor scholars by establishing the School, Madrasah, College and University to increase the value of education and demonstrate the cultural arts/pietorial arts by establishing show room/ museum/mobile museum.
- To conduct self training trade course training, health trainings, paramedical trainings, family planning, primary Health Care training, IT, software & hardware computer training etc.
- To promote programs for using information technology to reduce poverty and to improve the overall situation overall situation of the poor by encouraging them to access in the information & communication technology based network resources.
- To make publicity in respect of the activities and progress of the Foundation in the field of creating and developing awareness, environment and development in Bangladesh, diffusion of useful knowledge on environment, health, education, sanitation, youth development, children’s right, non-formal education, legal aid support, trafficking &sexual abuse, drug abuse, human rights and development.
- To prepare policy directives and program alternatives in key sectors like human rights, women, and children’s issues, environment, sanitation, natural resource utilization and augmentation, water management, agriculture, urban and regional planing health population and family planning, nutrition, education, administrative reform,participatory action plans for poverty alleviation, national development conflict resolution and other concerns of national and international interests.
- To motivate and inspire the research agencies and the sponsors (Donors and Government) to patronize equity and justice in all kinds of promotional activities for research and studies in Bangladesh.
- To obtain membership and to pay fees for the membership of any national of international bodies, institutions, Foundations, NGOs and to subscribed to their publications, if any, for furthering objectives and purposes of the Foundation.
- To open branches of the Foundation within and outside of Bangladesh and establish and maintain contacts with other organizations throughout the world, which support and encourage similar objectives.
- To do all such other things as are incidental of conductive to the attainment of the above objectives.
The fund of the Foundation shall be raised from following sources:
- Membership fee, Subscription and Donation received from the Members.
- Donation of Government semi Government body, Business community, Well-wishers and International Agencies.
- Any grant from the Government of Bangladesh, National, international, Foreign organization and individuals.
- Funds received under contractual arrangement from national and international sources for research and other activities of the Foundation, on specific project of program based project,or program based appropriate contracts.
- Earnings through Training programs, Research projects, Publication of Journal, booklets, News Letters, Books and Souvenirs.
- Earnings of proceeds from different services to the beneficiaries.
Utilization of Income and Property of the Foundation:
The income and Property of the Foundation shall be applied solely towards the promotion of the objectives as set forth above and no portion thereof shall be paid or transferred directly or indirectly by way of dividend, bonus, salary, Pocket money, honorarium r otherwise as profits to the members of the Foundation or to any one claiming through them.